Monday 13 May 2013

Bout Of Books : Day 1

                    

Hello everyone,

So far, things are going well. I managed to spend most of my free time today reading, so that's an accomplishment! I started the day on page 670 of A Storm Of Swords by George R. R. Martin and I'm now on page 946. That makes a total of 276 pages read today, and about 182 pages to go! Considering the relatively small size of the font, I'm pleased with what I accomplished.

I will save most of my thoughts for my review of this book, but I can say that I am really liking it! I think it's safe to say that it's my favourite of the series so far, which I hear is the popular opinion out there, and I can understand why. The last 400 pages have definitely kept me on the edge of my seat, and I am loving the character development for many of the characters in this book! There's definitely some major plot twists in this one - some good, some not so good. My plan is to finish it tomorrow, then begin The Catcher In The Rye.

On the topic of reviews, since I've just started this blog, I know I haven't posted reviews for the first two books in the Song Of Ice And Fire series. Personally, I do not want to start with just the third one, so I've decided to do reviews for all three and post them this week. I will post a review for A Game Of Thrones tomorrow, A Clash Of Kings on Wednesday, and, if I've finished it, then the review for A Storm of Swords will be up on Thursday. A review for The Great Gatsby is also on it's way, and should be posted sometime between now and the end of next week.

Speaking of The Great Gatsby, has anyone seen the movie? I haven't seen it yet, but I'll probably be seeing it within the next few weeks. In fact, I might just combine it into a book and movie review. We'll see what happens.

To everyone participating in Bout Of Books, good luck and happy reading!

Goodbye for now,
Emily Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment